Friday, October 30, 2009

Zip Yo' Lip

"Do everything without complaining or arguing." (Philippians 2:14)

Do I have your attention? 

Have you ever wanted to tell someone, "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!" or "If you're so miserable, then leave!" I have to say that I have, especially with the professional complainers and whiners (as if they don't have anything better to do with their time).  I want to say, "Get a life!" or "Get happy in the same pants you got mad in!" or "If there is a problem, then be the solution not another problem."

I quote this verse to my kids on occasions only for God to remind me of it later that same day when I complain.

We all have things we struggle with, don't like, or want to change, but we're told in God's Word to do EVERYTHING without complaining. You have something negative to say about someone or something -- ZIP YO' LIP!

By refusing to ZIP THE LIP, we are refusing to submit to God's authority, and that, girlfriend, is not a place I care to tread. And I don't want any of my gal pals there either.

"Submit" is a difficult word. It requires humility. It requires us to give up our own agenda, our own actions based on our opinion, and requires us to follow and be obedient to His will, His plan. 

Maybe when we open our mouths to complain, we should retrain ourselves with another verse in the Bible -- "Pray continually."
(1 Thessalonians 5:25)  Pray for the situation you are wanting to complain about. Pray for the person you are wanting to complain about. Prayer changes things. Prayer changes people...especially the one doing the praying.

I guess the reason I write this is because God has dealt with me on this subject from time-to-time, and if you can learn it at my expense, please do because I don't want someone else to have to go through it as well.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing" (I Thessalonians 5:11)

His Daughter,

Kristy

No comments: