Friday, November 13, 2009

Are You Where You Are Supposed to Be?

"There's a way of life that looks harmless enough; look again – it leads straight to hell. Sure, those people appear to be having a good time, but all that laughter will end in heartbreak." Proverbs 14: 23-13 The Message

Have you ever been toodling along in life thinking everything is just ducky when there is a snag or a bump in the road that rattles you out of your state of unawareness? Has God ever used someone who He obviously brought into your life for a reason in order to snap you back into His reality?

How often has contentment in my life allowed me not to see what God was wanting me to see. How often has complacency in my spiritual life cheated me of being a blessing to someone else and even receiving a blessing. Contentment and complacency may appear benign but it is the beginning of malignancy that leads to stagnation in our lives. As Pastor Rick once said, "That's a pool of water I don't want to swim in." Give me the Living Word. Give me the Word that is God-inspired and speaks to me in ways I am not always aware of.

It's not enough to come to church on Sunday morning. It's not enough for us to have quiet times with God because if truth be known, if our walk is as it should be and we are having that quiet time with God daily, we will be producing fruit. We will be actively involved in our churches using our spiritual gifts and talents He has so graciously and generously provided in order to serve others as Christ did. There is a way that seems right to man, but it will lead to death. Actions are not the way we get to heaven, but they are result of the work that God is doing in us. What do your actions say about God's working in you? What are my actions saying about God's work in my life?

Ladies, you are too precious to God, and I don't want you to miss out on one blessing He has in store for you. Find your place of service and get thee there and serve Him with your whole heart.

Love ya'll,


 

Kristy

No comments: